Did you know that according to the EPA, the air in your home is up to five times worse than the air you breathe outside? In fact, the EPA has named indoor air pollution as one of the top five environment risks to public health. We spend so much time indoors, it is no wonder so many people suffer from allergies and asthma.
Most people are well aware of the outdoor triggers that can cause respiratory problems, including car exhaust, smoke, pollen, road dust, and factory emissions. Yet sometimes, inside there can be just as many triggers. Some of those triggers include:
- Secondhand Smoke – This covers smoke from a cigarette, cigar, or pipe, as well as the smoke exhaled by the smoker.
- Dust Mites – Tiny bugs that are too small to see and are found in mattresses, pillows, carpets, upholstered furniture, bedcovers, clothes, stuffed toys, and fabric-covered items.
- Molds – These can be found almost anywhere water is present.
- Cockroaches and Pests – Unpleasant to think about, but they leave behind droppings and body parts that aren’t well tolerated by many respiratory systems.
- Pets – Pet dander can trigger reactions.
- Nitrogen Dioxide – An odorless gas produced by appliances that burn fuels, such as gas, kerosene, or wood.
- Chemical Irritants – Respiratory issues may be worsened by exposure to products like cleaners, paints, adhesives, pesticides, cosmetics, or air fresheners.
But it is not all bad news, there are solutions that will keep your family comfortable and safe. Besides removing all or as many of the triggers from your home that you can, you should also consider a whole-home air purifier.
By installing a whole-home purifier to your home heating and cooling system, you will be in complete control of the air purity in your home. It removes particulates and irritants throughout, including mold spores, pet dander, dust mites, bacteria, pollen, and even viruses. You will also notice less dust build up, making your home look and feel cleaner. Additionally, your whole-home air purifier will keep your air conditioner cleaner and your furnace running more efficiently, which can save you energy, minimize repair costs, and extend service life.
If you are ready for a breath of fresh air, contact us today. We are here to provide superior solutions and quality you can trust.